In honor of this being my 100th post, I am following the tradition of listing 100 things about me. This is in no way in any particular order, especially not in order of importance!
1. When filling out questionnaires or memes, my girls usually have to tell me what my favorites are. I draw a blank.
2. This list is going to be very hard for me to do.
3. I am a Christian. The evangelical, full-gospel, Pentecostal, Charismatic kind.
4. I am a pastor’s wife.
5. My favorite color to wear in winter is black.
6. My favorite color to wear in spring and summer is pink.
7. My favorite scent is lavender.
8. I like the color, too.
9. My favorite flower is the daffodil.
10. I am God’s daffodil. He told me so.
11. I love shoes!
12. I have quite a few.
13. I notice everyone else’s shoes, too.
14. I have worn only Halston cologne for over twenty years.
15. I love red coats.
16. Chocolate is a must.
17. I have been married for almost 35 years.
18. I met my husband 3 days before my freshman year in college officially started.
19. We married 11 months later.
20. I can’t imagine my life without him.
21. I gave birth to three children in 2 years, 6 months, and 5 days.
22. I had 2 homebirths.
23. One of my biggest regrets is not having more children.
24. I homeschooled my children.
25. I believe that was one of the most significant things I have ever done.
26. I have 11 grandchildren – so far.
27. The last 9 of those grandchildren have been grandsons!
28. I absolutely love being a grandma.
29. My grandchildren all call me “Nana”.
30. I have strict “inbred” fashion rules. I probably should have been born in the South!
31. I go nowhere without my makeup on.
32. My favorite movie is “Overboard”. Sort of a modern “Taming of the Shrew”.
33. I love celebrating. Anything.
34. My parents and sister live with us.
35. I love having the house all to myself. Doesn’t happen too often.
36. I am an introvert. I replenish by being alone.
37. I fight shyness almost every day of my life.
38. I like having regular pedicures. Not that I always get to, but I like to.
39. I wish I had a housekeeper.
40. I love a clean and neat house.
41. I really don’t care to actually clean.
42. I do it anyway.
43. I think my life is too busy.
44. I am a list maker. It is easier to write it down than to remember it.
45. I keep a “To Do / TaDa” list every day. That means I add things to my To Do list after I’ve done them and then check them off.
46. I keep my To Do / TaDa lists in a file. It’s sort of like a journal.
47. I feel guilty when relaxing because of #43 and because I never finish #45.
48. I procrastinate.
49. I went on my first cruise last August.
50. My husband and I fell in love with cruising.
51. I struggle with paper clutter. My children used to always tease about “Mom’s piles”.
52. I am a detail person. I see details.
53. Sometimes that drives me crazy.
54. I want to be a channel of God’s blessings.
55. I hate illogical thinking.
56. I am quite opinionated.
57. I have a little dog named Odie. He is half Chihuahua and half Whippet. Long back legs.
58. I “own” a Yahoo! group called Biblical Womanhood.
59. I love having “girl time”.
60. I love having girlfriends.
61. My very best friends are my daughters. All three of them.
62. I love presents!
63. In fact, my top two love languages are acts of service and receiving of gifts.
64. I can get lost in blogland.
65. My current favorites are decorating blogs. The do-it/make-it yourself kind.
66. I also like some simple living blogs.
67. I have two collages of Mohammed Ali in my family room – one with an autographed boxing glove and one with autographed boxing shorts. Both with 1960 Olympic Game tickets. Very valuable. Great pieces of art.
68. These would not be what I would have chosen for my family room.
69. I have been to 8 foreign countries: Mongolia, China, Korea, Canada, Mexico, Botswana, South Africa, England.
70. I didn’t leave the airport in Korea, South Africa, and England.
71. I have been gifted with keen discernment.
72. I dyed my hair for many years. At first, just for fun. Then, to cover gray. I am now natural salt and pepper. More salt in the front.
73. I like it.
74. I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
75. I would prefer that those hours did not end too early in the morning.
76. It takes me awhile to wake up in the mornings. No matter how much sleep I have.
77. I don’t like “going” to sleep.
78. But I like staying asleep!
79. I gag brushing my teeth.
80. I do not like “getting ready” in the morning.
81. I wish I was like my husband and could do it in 15 minutes or less.
82. It takes me over an hour.
83. Because I often add other chores and such in between getting ready, I usually need a couple of hours.
84. I am very patriotic.
85. I am a Republican wondering if I should change parties.
86. I just don’t know which one. No, definitely not to a Democrat!
87. At age 18, I registered Democrat.
88. I soon realized that I did not agree with their platform at all.
89. I was under the influence of my Social Science teacher from high school.
90. I was such a feminist in my younger years.
91. I had no idea what that meant in the larger world view of it all. I only knew that I wanted all my “rights” and I wanted to be “equal”.
92. I live in a rural setting.
93. I love it.
94. I just finished culling and reorganizing all my china, crystal, and serving pieces.
95. My cupboards look so good!
96. I have a few more hidden places that need the same attention.
97. I’ve always wanted to get my pilot’s license.
98. I have a hard time parting with books. They are treasures.
99. I am a consultant for Taste of Home Entertaining.
100. Yea! I’m done! I’m actually quite pleased with myself that I actually did this!
7 months ago