Saturday, February 17, 2007

Why am I blogging?


I’ve been thinking about journaling for some time. Thinking and not doing a thing about it. :-) This past summer I started reading other people’s blogs. I got quite addicted there for a bit. It is fun and I have actually been learning quite a bit! I’ve also been enjoying emailing friends with all my latest news and pictures. My daughters have commented that I should put all of these things together and start a blog. Not that I think that I will have some huge bank of readers, but I suppose that at least my daughters will come by to see if I’ve posted about them or their children!

Why did I choose the name “Daffodil Dreams”?

A few years ago, I attended a seminar in which we broke up into small groups at the end of each session. I was working through some emotional pains from years ago and really was longing with my whole heart that God would let me know He was listening. One of the women in my small group (all pastors and spouses) spoke up at the end and said she had been feeling impressed to say something to me, but that she had been telling God it sounded so foolish. The impression wasn’t going away, and even though this was not the type of interaction that this small group was about, she spoke up. She just told me that God wanted me to know that I was His daffodil. I burst into tears. Oh, there was no way anyone in that room could know how very personal that little statement was. God didn’t call me His flower. He didn’t call me a rose, a daisy, or even an exotic orchid. He called me the one flower that meant something to me. I have loved daffodils for years. The very sight of one poking out of the waning winter ground brings joy to my heart. Their brightness floods my soul with happiness. No other flower is so courageous or hopeful of a new spring. Their beauty cannot be surpassed by any hothouse rose. But, here was God telling ME that I was His daffodil! So much was understood by that one small proclamation. God was affirming me!!! All the past did not compare to my future! He smiled when he looked at me. And besides that – and maybe even most importantly to my bruised soul, He thought I was beautiful!

So……

This blog is intended to let this daffodil let you in on a few of her dreams. It will be a forum to show off my brilliant and gorgeous family – especially my grandchildren, report on my family’s happenings, keep friends up to date on what we are up to and where we are doing it, reflect upon my life, share the rare insights and wisdom I may uncover, and testify of God’s goodness. Basically, it is a place to write about anything that’s going on in my life or my mind.

Please let me know you were here and reading by leaving a comment. Or let me know where I can find your blog!

5 comments:

  1. Yea! You started your blog. I'll be checking it everyday, so you better be posting!

    Love,
    Daja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 AM

    HI MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want some pictures of me on here! :-)
    --CT*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think Daffodil Dreams is a perfect blog name--for you. I wouldn't have a clue what to name one for me. It would have to be as creative and catchy as yours.
    ~Serena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your blog! Daffodil Dreams is a good blog name. I am a pastor's wife, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story! Isn't God amazing how He speaks to us in such intimate ways. I've always described it as Him "patting us on the head."

    I found your blog through the Nester - you won the giveaway for the card designs. I'm the designer (www.keriscarddesigns.etsy.com) and wanted to email you. But I think this is a much better way to say my first "hello."

    I've read a few of your other posts and am touched by your faithfulness and the clarity with which you present your foundation in Christ.

    Keep up the Good Work - both here and in the world.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails