Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Giving Thanks, Day Three

The Washing of the Word.

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."  Ephesians 5:25-27




The last several months have been difficult for me.  There are a lot of reasons for that, but not ones I can easily talk about.  Most of them won't even come out in words.

Several weeks ago, I got to the point where I felt I just couldn't keep on without something breaking.  My husband started pressing for answers.  Didn't really have any, but it felt good to talk.  I was just laying on my back on the end of our bed.  He stood over me.  Suddenly, he just started singing.  And praying.  I cannot even describe the peace that came over me. 

Philippians 4:7 says, "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  The peace that came over me that day has been keeping my heart and mind ever since.


I am so grateful for my husband.  He loves me as Christ loves His Church.  He washes me with the Word.

4 comments:

  1. How incredibly lovely, Lady Dorothy. A praying, devout husband must be such a blessing. I'm thankful he saw your pain and turned to your Abba Father for help, which he delivered in abundance! I am praising God for Godly husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Queen, thank you for those sweet and kind sentiments, but I am so inadequate as a husband. I wish I truly knew how to love you as Christ loves His Church. I am deeply troubled when I see you in pain, especially when I, as a man (the fixer), cannot fix it and I feel even worse when I find that I may be the source of that pain. Loving you is easy; understanding you is a whole different issue. So I find when I don't understand, I can pray. I want to believe that I am the one who holds the key to your soul and will be there when you are crying for help. Please forgive me for my failures.pgabe

    Gabey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Mommy and Daddy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails