Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving Thanks, Day Nine

Rest.

Ezekiel taking a break right before his Little Dragons Karate class.



To be honest, resting and sleep is a difficult thing for me.  I love sleeping -- once I'm sleeping.  I just have a hard time going to sleep.  And resting may be even harder.  There are so many things that need to be done. 

Have you heard that line, "I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours"?  Well, that's not me.  Nope, it stresses me out that things are undone.  Now, that does not mean I'm not a procrastinator; it just means I'm stressed quite a bit!  So, I find myself always working.  Or feeling guilty that I'm not.

But God created me a human being, not a human doing.  (Yes, that might be becoming cliche, but true, nonetheless.)  So, I'm learning about rest.  That rest is a gift from God. 

Today was one of those days -- a gift from God.  Oh, I did stuff.  But, I also sat.  And rested.  Yes, a little strange.  But, oh, so good. And I am trying not to feel guilty.  I guess I could do with some lessons from Ezekiel -- and maybe one of those exercise balls.






3 comments:

  1. I've never heard that human being/doing thing before.

    I have one of the exercise balls-- want it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:10 PM

    You & I are two peas in a pod, Lady Dorothy!! I feel so guilty about things not being done around here that I haven't touched my hobbies in years! I used to love to tole paint but I haven't dragged out my paints in so long. *sigh* If my carpet needs vacuuming or my leaves need raking or my laundry needs folding or my windows need washing or my house is cluttered with stuff that needs to be put away or *anything* at all like that, I simply can NOT sit down & enjoy myself in the midst of it. And that's not a good thing, I know.... because there's always going to be things that need to be done. My mama used to tell me that all the time. :-( So I hear ya, sister. Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a lot today, but it was kind of resting, too!
    We had a productive school day....a LONG one, to make tomorrow shorte...but we rested. Tomorrow might be a SNOW DAY! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails