Monday, August 11, 2008

Ride to the Melodrama

I am so behind in "journaling my days" that I may be playing catch up for awhile. Or not. I might just get tired of old news and start on the new!




In June, we went to see "The Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville" with the Sonlight Warriors. We rode down the hour-or-so trip on our motorcycles. It was a very warm day and it started off with handing everyone water pistols so we could cool each other down! (That idea started with Diego picking a water pistol for his little gift at a local restaurant during breakfast with Papa and his motorcycle friends!)



We stopped at the Rock 'n Roll Diner (actually, a couple of railroad cars -- check out the link for pictures) for dinner before we went to the theater. I'm not sure why as the Melodrama is a dinner theater. Granted the "dinner" is mostly hot dogs, baked potatoes, and popcorn, but that's part of the fun! The floor is covered in sawdust and you sit either at these little crowded tables or in elevated pews in the back and sides. I don't think I have a preference. The tables are fun, but the pews are less crowded. We've sat in both. (We've been quite a few times.)





I don't remember why I didn't take any pictures at the theater itself. Maybe we weren't allowed.

Anyhow, this is what we saw. Great show! So much fun! They always give you your money's worth!


Nice drive home in the cool of the evening. Drove up to our house as the sun was setting.







1 comment:

  1. Now this looks like one fun way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails