Saturday, June 14, 2008

Grandpa's Birthday

My father, who is known by virtually everyone as "Grandpa", turned 81 yesterday. We tried to make it a celebration that he would enjoy. I'm not sure we accomplished that or not!






Sometimes, you just can't tell. He came into the dining room, blew out his candle, and then went back to his room. Oh, well.





It was a pretty good cake, though!







I made a spice cake, filled it with apple pie filling, and frosted it with buttercream frosting. What could be easier than that? And it really was good. (Excuse the knife. I'm not sure why we left it there for the picture!)

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY that cakes looks very GOOD, even with the knife:) BUT its not "my" cake server set;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails