Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks, Day Fifteen

Our down comforter.


This isn't our bed, nor the exact comforter.  We did buy our from Overstock.com,
but I do not know which one it was from the myriad of comforters they offer.


We stayed at the SeaVenture Hotel in Pismo Beach as part of my 50th birthday bash six years ago.  It instantly became one of my favorite hotels.  Fireplaces in each room and your own private hot tub on the deck.  Breakfast in bed.  But what really made it my favorite favorite was the bed.  I had never slept in a bed so cozy!  Our bed at home was comfortable, but not this comfy!  I determined to go home and make our bed just as cozy! 

I think I accomplished it.  I bought a memory foam mattress topper which I encased in a zippered pillow case-type cover of which the top was a feather bed.  Then came the sheets, of course, and then covering it all, a down comforter with a wonderful feeling cotton duvet.  (I can't remember fill power or thread counts.  Not too high, not too low, but just right.) 

I love being all cuddled up and snuggled down in our bed now. Which, it so happens, is where I am writing this!


3 comments:

  1. That's a project I need to work on. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLORY...all those layers to a bed. I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a wonderful thing to be grateful for. I will admit that my down comforter is one of my favorite Christmas presents ever!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails