Wednesday, January 1, 2014

ONE WORD

So, it has been almost two years since I've written here. Time flies when you're procrastinating, doesn't it?

The first day of the New Year is always so promising.  We look forward with such bright hopes and dreams.  I love it.

I love a brand new calendar, new blank notepads for all those lists I love to write, and this year, a gorgeous new planner!


It's so pretty, it's almost hard to write in it!

Resolutions, I'm not so good at.  But I love picking one word as the theme and goal for the year.  

2010 was YES.
2011 was FREEDOM.
2012 was RELEASE.
2013 was DREAM.

2014 is HEALTH!

I definitely need to get my physical health back, but I know this word encompasses so much more than just that (as important as that is right now).

Luke 2:52 tells us that Jesus grew intellectually, physically, spiritually and socially.
"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."
This year, 2014, I'm planning on increasing in the same manner! 

One thing I think is important to this increase is meeting you (if there's still anyone out there) right here on a more regular basis.  So...

HAPPY NEW YEAR and a toast to HEALTH!  See you soon!

(and maybe we'll catch up a bit, too!)

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!!!!!! You are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully for more than one post!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Dorothy! I think I might just use the same word! My physical health challenges have increased this past week. Hopefully my IBS flare-up will heal and I can go back to eating my healthy low-carb regime. What's more important than physical health to me, is to grow in my spiritual and emotional well-being. I trust the Lord to help me grieve well and grow in faith through the process. Not an easy task - but I know He will guide me. Thanks for sharing on fb that you posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karin, I'm so glad you're my online friend. Please know that I pray for you and will continue to do so. <3

      Delete
  3. You my friend are truly worth the wait. I am writing a post for Sunday about open doors thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks. I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  4. http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/blog/thoughts/finding-beauty/whats-your-word-2

    Your bracelet will be here in 1-3 weeks.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! You are the sweetest thing ever! (Well, you're in competition with a few other really cute girls, but you are in the running!) Thank you! It's fabulous -- and so are you!

      Delete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails