Monday, July 25, 2011

Surprise! Papa's here!

About 2:15 Wednesday morning, Papa came to visit!  Total surprise to me!  I had absolutely no inkling that I would walk downstairs to see his luggage in the living room and then have him pop around the corner!

He came because he missed me, of course, but he was really hoping to see his new grandbaby while he was here.  But, I guess the baby didn't realize that, so Papa had to go back home without meeting him/her.

On Friday, the day before he left, we went up to Estes Park for a family outing and to walk Serena.  Grammie (Serena's mom), Papa, and I explored the town with the grandchildren while Josh and Serena went "hiking". 

As you can see, we have an extra couple of kids.
I brought Meg along and Emily brought her other grandson.
The more, the merrier!


Before we all set out, though, we had a picnic.  We found this lovely little spot next to a church.  It even had a little creek.


Shallah and Papa sharing cookies.




Shallah and Papa have a special thing going.  Before he came, she acted like she loved me.  But one day, I went to get her out of her crib and she hugged her arms around her and said, "I want Papa."  Oh, well.  He's gone now.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, just love surprises! Fun times with family - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happy moments to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails