Friday, June 10, 2011

Daddy

Daddy went to live with Jesus last Friday. We celebrated his life here on earth on Wednesday. I believe it was just as he would have wanted it.



We sang, we heard God's Word read and the Gospel preached. As one man summed it up well, it was an honest service for an honest man. It was not pretentious, because he wasn't. It was not somber. It was honestly real. We cried. We laughed. We worshipped.


Gabe officiated and summed it up well by expounding on four things my father loved:


1.  He loved his God. More often than not, you could find him reading his Bible or praying on his knees.


2.  He loved his wife. Even in his sleep, he could be heard saying (or sometimes singing), "I love my wife, I love my wife, I have a wonderful wife, I love my Martha."


3.  He loved his children. He prayed extensively for the salvation of his children.


4.  He loved his church. And he loved going to church.

Daja wrote and read his eulogy.  You can read it here.

Sarah-Kate put together a beautiful tribute in the form of this video montage.






  I love you, Daddy. 
 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute to a beautiful man. Grandpa Jones will be missed. He always had a smile and a warm handshake for me on Sunday mornings. My prayers continue to be with you and your family during this time. I look forward to a Grand Reunion when we all pass from life to life eternal.

    Love in Him,
    Jill Buckland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your recent posts! Love your if I could I would list! Sending my condolences on the loss of your dear dad, Heaven's gain! We treasure our memories so much more when the loved ones leave us - every day somehow something about my parents reminds me of them. Be blessed and comforted by God's Word and His loving Presence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your dad's passing. I know that hurts. Glad to know he is saved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my sweet friend how I am praising Jesus that your daddy was a Christian but my heart is aching for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails