Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve Blue Moon and Yes

The moon and sky were amazingly beautiful -- or beautifully amazing -- when we left for church on New Year's Eve.  Gabe stopped to take pictures. 





I'm sitting here this evening thinking about the New Year and what I want from it.  I just love a clean slate, don't you?  I know we actually have one every day as God's mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23), but the fact that this is a new year in a new decade seems more grand. 


After reading this blog post, I have been meditating on "Yes".   There are so many questions every day that we just automatically say no to.  It's easier.  Not as much effort.  We're too busy with our busyness.  We're involved in our own things.  Our child asks, "Will you sit and read to me?"  Our husband asks, "Will you sit and talk to me?"  Our Lord asks, "Will you sit and just be with Me awhile?"  

Oh, we don't usually blurt out, "No."  We usually say things like "in a little bit", "maybe later", "I'd love to, but...."  But, after hearing "No" over and over, they usually stop asking.  And we are off the hook.

But, aren't we missing out on life itself with all of our no's? 









I think this will be my year of "Yes", too.  Yes, when it might not be as comfortable.  Yes, when it might be a little scary.  Yes, when it might take a bit of thought.  Yes, when it might make me stop awhile.  Yes, when others call.  Yes, when Jesus calls. 


And in all my thoughts about yes, the thought keeps coming that all those yeses might just make 2010 a bit more exciting, too! 








Living in the YES,



11 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! That's my desire too, that I would be a 'Yes, I can with God's help' do this person. The Lord never gives more than we can handle or can stretch into!

    Trying to catch up on reading blogs....

    Have a wonderful Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:09 PM

    I am speechless... well... almost anyway! :-)

    I love your blog entry, Lady Dorothy, and I love the one you linked to as well.

    I am blessed by them both. Thank you for sharing! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i came across your blog through your response to the farmhouse & am interested in knowing more about your weight loss you mentioned. my email is onehappygardener@frontiernet.net...can you give me more info? thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your images of the blue moon. There is a joke that I am sure you've heard: Dear Lord, Thank you for this day. So far I haven't offended anyone, made anyone angry or made bad decsions. But, I will soon have to get out of bed to get the kids to school and the husband off to work....

    Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding videos. I am going to try to keep them under 3 minutes and will also continue to have traditional posts too. Your insput was MUCH appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, such incredible photos!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post. Both the photos and the words♥

    By the way, I posted something just for you over at my place this morning☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Good morning Lady Dorothy. Hope all is well with you, darlin'. Have a wonderful Sunday! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Lady Dorothy!

    So lets say "Yes!!!" much more....

    Thanks for your comments today and Happy Pink Saturday!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lady Dee.. just wanted to let you know that I'll be linking to you from my sidebar. It will show whenever you update.. so you'd better update!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why, thank you very much, Diane! How very special I feel. Seriously, that is a high compliment!

    Yes, I'd better update! I've started a few posts -- now to finish them! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Note: Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without blogger accounts can easily comment. However, please identify yourself or it will most likely not be posted. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails